HxBIA Executive Director
The Hastings Crossing BIA (HxBIA) serves more than 650 businesses and property owners in a central portion of Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside (DTES) stretching from Richards to Gore, along Hastings and portions of Pender, Cordova, Main and Powell.
To promote and support our members, business owners and property owners, to advocate on their behalf and contribute to the social, cultural and economic health of our area through innovation, partnership and collaboration with other stakeholders in the community. To be a BIA unlike any other, driven by strong social and environmental values and with a dedication to the authentic urban culture of Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside, we are the social innovation BIA.
Your Mission as Executive Director
Reporting to the HxBIA Board of Directors, as Executive Director, you will provide outstanding leadership in the delivery of our strategic plan including these focus areas:
- Membership development, engagement and the HxBIA renewal process
- Revenue development, financial management and administration, including HR
- Marketing, public relations and communications
- Public spaces programming
- Liaison with the Board of Directors
- You have solid knowledge of all facets of operating a non-profit organization, including governance and working with a Board of Directors, financial management and administration, revenue development including grant writing, HR, operations and marketing communications.
- Creative, innovative and entrepreneurial, you will leverage resources and relationships to deliver the greatest HxBIA programming impact for our members.
- You are a marketing and communications powerhouse with strong public relations and communications skills, clearly and consistently managing sensitive yet effective messaging regarding the work of the BIA and its role in the DTES
Strong graphic design skills also an asset.
- You have knowledge and interest in the range of community, political and socio-economic issues affecting urban areas generally, and especially the DTES.
- You are proficient in Excel, WordPress (or other blogging platform) MS Office and client management systems such as Vertical Response, Salesforce, Highrise or Constant Contact
- At least 3 years experience working in the non-profit sector in a program management capacity.
- Also an asset:
- Experience working in or running a business an asset to understand needs of business members.
- Experience in community economic development, community programming, social enterprise or marketing, business and communications.
- College diploma, associate’s degree or university degree especially within the fields of planning, community economic development, urban geography, marketing, business administration, public relations, public policy, communications or non-profit management.
Negotiable dependent upon experience, this is a Part Time Contractor Position up to $40,000 + GST per year at a minimum of 24 hours per week.
Deadline to Apply Monday, March 16th, 2015
Please email your cover letter and resume to the ED Search Committee [email protected]
We thank you for your interest in this position. Interviews may be conducted during the recruitment period and only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.