The HxBIA Safety and Connections Committee’s are pleased to announce our next de-escalation and naloxone training session. Be prepared to effectively de-escalate situations within your business, and learn how to administer naloxone (Narcan) in the event of an overdose in your business.
Following the training, HxBIA will be hosting a short networking opportunity to allow members to get to know your neighbours and discuss shared concerns, challenges, and solutions relating to safety. Light refreshments will be provided.
Openings are limited so be sure to RSVP quickly to reserve your spot.
What you’ll learn:
* How to communicate and calmly de-escalate situations with unruly
guests in your business
* Learn how personal space, body language, and listening skills can
help effectively de-escalate the disruptive behaviour
* Learn some measures to prevent escalation situations in your
* How to safely administer naloxone to someone experiencing an
* How to safely dispose of used needles and drug paraphrenalia.
When: June 18th, 10:00 a.m – 12:00 p.m
Cost: Free to HxBIA members, $10 Charge for non-members (Unsure if you are a member? Contact us for information!)